Currently Listening to: Scars to Your Beautiful – Alessia Cara
Hope we have a great weekend planned? For me I’ll be indoors as usual catching up on social media, thinking up great ideas and just being me.
It’s been raining a whole lot in these parts and this has hindered my outfit shoot sessions but a girl’s gotta be consistent eh? Quality over quantity tho! That’s why this weekend I chose to compile a list of life lessons I’ve gathered within my 20+ years on earth and share them with my people 😉
The majority of these lessons are in simple sentences or quotes form. I’m keeping it as real as possible. If you can relate to any of them hit me up in the comments section.
- Learn to love yourself because ain’t nobody gon’ love you better
- Be your #1 fan
- Keep your circle small
- Trust nobody – Not even yourself
- Never hesitate to stand up for what you believe in
- Learn to face your fears
- Be Independent – Even if at some point you might have to rely on someone be able to take care of some things yourself.
- Surround yourself with intellectuals.
- Be Knowledgeable – Know something about everything.
- Set realistic goals – Short and long term goals.
- Always have a backup plan
- Read! Read!! Read!!! Don’t stop educating yourself
- Have a side hustle – This cannot be overemphasised
- Plan! Plan!! Plan!!!- Brainstorm on how to achieve those set goals plus writing them down helps a lot.
- Never compare yourself to others because someone out there is also looking up to you.
- Never bottle up your emotions, Speak out and it’s okay to scream out loud.
- Do not let anyone walk through your mind with their dirty feet – Gandhi actually said this.
- Do not be afraid to cut people off (refer to lesson 3)
- Find what makes you happy and pursue it to the fullest – So long as it’s legal 😉
- The girl in the magazine don’t even look like the girl in the magazine; In other words, love yourself because there’s no such thing as a life that’s better than yours.
Phewww! I just counted this and I came up with 20 “life lessons” that’s not bad at all.
What are some major life lessons you’ve gained so far?
What are some things you had to figure out all by yourself as regarding life?
I’ll really love to know.
P.S – These pictures were taken on one of those rainy days when inspiration hit.
P.P.S – Not all bloggers own white sheets, some of us love our plaid blankets.
Flannel Shirt – Baylows Thriftstore| Jeans – Thrift | Socks – Thrift
Till next time,