Heyyy guyyyyyyssss! I know y’all be having fun and enjoying this festive period but I just had to drop this post because it’s super necessary. So please take out some time from all that merriment and read through this post till the very end. I promise it would be worth your while.
In my previous post, I mentioned that my blog was going to be a year in like few days and yes it did turn a year on the 22nd of December, 2016. Twelve whole months of playing around WordPress and trying to make things work. I’m still learning and I’m open to tutorials (Anyone??)
Anyways all this story is for another day, I’m dedicating this post to the Fun, Fearless, Female(s) who inspired me to start blogging.
Without further ado, here goes:
1.Desola Mako – also known as King Dee. Desola Mako has to be top of my list of Slayspirators (Yes! I’m allowed to coin my own words so feel free to add to your style register). Not only is she a Style Blogger she’s also an Architect, Stylist, Entrepreneur and all – round Creative. I stumbled upon her blog mid 2015 and I was stuck, I was also attracted by the yellow theme her blog had (sadly she has changed said theme) and this made me keep returning to her blog for more posts both style related and life banter. King Dee has a way with words, she’s blunt ASF, and has a super playful personality (I’ve met her in person I can tell). Dee Mako is also the brain behind the HDHQ Life Planner I’ve been ranting about here and here.
Her perseverance, versatility,consistency and open-mindedness motivated me to start my own style blog.
2. Grace Alex – has to be the Queen of Vintage and Thrifting, if there’s anything like that, ever smiling and alway radiating joy in her Instagram photos. This Queen is not just a pretty face she’s a Lecturer, Business Owner, Blogger and Style Enthusiast. I stumbled upon Grace’s Instagram page (@t2pitchy) and got hooked on her pictures and also her Footwear line (@gafasandals). I kept stalking and when I found out she had a blog, I knew I just had to check it out. I wasn’t disappointed at all, I’d love to meet her in person so I can thank her for the slides she gifted me a while back 😀
Her style is simple, classy yet elegant. Her diligence, perseverance and fun personality moved me to carry on with my own blog.
3. Sarah Audu – I call her Culotte Queen (she has quite a collection). Sarah collects everything retro – vintage, she also has an amazing collection of colorful high waist pants. She’s the epitome of modest fashion, decent yet stylish, she’s also a Mass Communications graduate (another thing we share in common asides style blogging ) and she currently has an online shop where she sells vintage items specially curated by herself for vintage lovers like her.
Sarah’s style is basically simple and laid back. Her consistency and simple sense of style motivates me to keep doing this blogging thing.
Last but not the least is;
4. Cassandra Ikegbune – also known as Cassie Daves (not Davies). Cassie is a Model, Medical Doctor and Entrepreneur (She’s the curator of the Cassie Daves Blog Planner). I call her the King of Men’s Inspired Wear, I’m talking waistcoats, brogues, oxfords, brightly colored vintage shirts… Cassie can switch from boy mode to girly like zero to one hundred, don’t be sleeping on this 6 foot goddess. Cassie definitely has one of the best blogs around and she’s super consistent at what she does. I actually stumbled on her Instagram page and then blog while I was already into this blogging thing. I’d visit (still do) her blog for advice and tips as a newbie blogger. Cassie blogs about almost everything fashion, beauty, events and even gadgets. She also gives super advice to newbie bloggers and even does blog consultations (not for free tho).
Cassie’s laid back style, versatility, consistency and open-mindedness motivates me to be better with this blogging thing for as long as I decide to keep up with it.
If you are a style/fashion blogger you must be familiar with the ladies aforementioned, there are other bloggers who I’ve discovered on this blogging journey the likes of; Wumi Tuase, Ifeoma Amadi, Sogie, Ilamosi, Style by Ada and they just keep inspiring. I’ve also learnt a lot from the women above both blog wise and life in general.
A few of the lessons are :
- Perseverance,Diligence and Consistency is too key.
- Carving a niche for yourself is important
- Maintain a cool personality both online and off-line
- Maximize opportunities and create something out of everything
All the ladies above have one form of business or the other while juggling other secular activities. This is major motivation, I just might start a business too be on the lookout, because it’s not easy juggling so many things at once but they are doing so and it’s impressive.
This is going to be my last post in 2016, therefore I want to say a major THANK YOU to all those who have been loyal to this blog so far, your likes and comments really mean a lot. Hopefully, 2017 would be a lot better than this year. I’m going to do all I can to improve this personal blog space and make it more appealing so you can keep coming back.
I put a lot into my blog posts, therefore I implore you lovely readers to subscribe to the blog via email (just click the follow button its that easy) so you can be one of the first to know when I drop a new post, comment and like posts, share posts you like on your social media platforms and also follow my social media pages @WanShyGirl on Twitter and Instagram and WanShyGirl Blog on Facebook.
I’d also love to know what you think about my blog?
Which aspects do you think I need to improve on?
What kind of content would you love to see this coming year?
Do let me know.
See You in 2017,